Tuesday, September 26, 2006

October 30, 1982

Saturday 1:45 A.M. really Friday night

You know I haven’t written anything significant in over a month and man that’s just gotta go. (I’m talkin’ like the way us guys fool around). I couldn’t even find my precious little writing book. I’m so tired now. Last year at this time I was writing and writing. David Letterman is on the tube, Channel 4, let that go down with annals of American History, this is good, he’s interviewing a man who works on the show in the back making sure no unauthorized people come in and he’s going to sing now, this is the amateur hour (SAT word). Let me get now to the heart of myself though. This is not a Mrs. Chasan notebook although I’ve thought about her a lot. That’s something else I have to write about. Oh boy I’m tired! I’ve gotta write tomorrow. It’s just 2, I got home 15 minutes ago and I’m beat.

Its Saturday morning now at SAT class. I must look like I’ve been some bum partying all night who just left to come here. I’m wearing the same clothes and I smell of cigaires. Last night at the yearbook meeting Melissa lost her baby picture and she was a bit upset. The kind of upset I would be if I lost mine. You know. I searched through the yearbook box twice thinking maybe someone put it in there and then went outside with Melissa and Sheila to look. We couldn’t find it out there and came in. I walked through the halls then Sheila went out to look for it by herself. Melissa and I went after her and Melissa told her not to. I walked off on my own and Melissa and Sheila went to the front of the school. I shuffled through the leaves in the dark (Melissa was getting over it herself but I couldn’t, neither did Sheila and I understand Melissa getting over it although it was important). As I walked I asked God if he could help me because I would get the greatest pleasure out of doing something for Melissa. I said please, please God, it would make me so happy! And I found it 30 seconds later! I jumped and screamed I found it, I found it! And it echoed and I was embarrassed but I didn’t care. Camile heard me from inside and ran out to hug me. Melissa and Sheila came back and I just couldn’t believe this all was happening to me. It was like winning a prize or having a baby! It was something so wonderful because it was something that I did which was important to someone else. And I swear that I do thank God for letting me do that. I experienced one of the happiest moments in my life last night and I will never forget it. Melissa hugged me and I reminded her of the time I found her $50.00 bill lying in Mary’s parking lot. Thank you God because Melissa said “maybe I should keep you around.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home