Wednesday, September 27, 2006

March 19, 1983

10:45 P.M.

I did nothing today but read. Tomorrow I’m going to the Palace Hotel with Grace, my father’s aunt. I’m very very hot. It’s constantly in the 90’s here. I think I am tolerating my stay here very well. Today the weirdest thing happened to my toe. While I was getting dressed, putting my left leg through a pant leg, the toe next to my big toe on my left foot, suddenly became stiff and cramped up and then started to swell. I couldn’t imagine what I had done to my poor toe. I rubbed it and got scared and thought I would have to go to the hospital to get my toe normal again. It became numb and I couldn’t move it. It was so weird. I’m double-jointed and figured that maybe that happened on its own and then I thought what marvelous powers I possess to have done that. But I was scared and the energy in my toe finally disappeared. I’ll have to try that again soon. I’m almost done with Sylvia Plath’s biography. I only have seven more days to be here. Yeah! And my writing is getting worthless so I think I’ll stop and write tomorrow when I’m not so tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home