Monday, September 25, 2006

August 29, 1982

9:10 P.M.

The Ponce trip was today. I love car rides and Puerto Rico is full of beauty but once we got there it was awful, not what any of us expected so we left. We went to “Church,” Church’s fried chicken (a joke of my father’s). Then we bought what I call Pac-Man fruit, that is canepas. They reminded me most of grapes. They’re delicious. I’ve never had them before. To eat them, puncture at midway with teeth, open and pop the pulp into the mouth. The skin is shaped like a pac-man head (my observation). I’m going to take them home with me. Arturo bought us movi juice which is made from a root and is extremely sweet. We took a ride through Ponce, the town and Pepe and I visited the famous fire station. It is pretty nice – has an interesting paint job. I asked Arturo to buy me bocolaito which is a fried cod-fish cake. It was greasy but good. That was my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home