Monday, September 25, 2006

August 28, 1982

9:30 P.M.

I didn’t write again last night. Instead I watched a modeling competition and fell asleep. My guys didn’t show but ah well. I did want to see them again but maybe one day. We had so much in common, they were so nice and fun! Anyway, I went to the beach or rather waded in the water for four hours. It got cloudy and I came home. Today, Arturo and I were invited on a friend’s boat. It was a great day. The police or coast guard stopped us three times! It was funny. I smoked part of a cigar today. The owner let me drive his boat and I had a beer in my hand! Drinking and driving again! That’s nothing but I love being young and stupid! Arturo took me snorkeling and that was wonderful and beautiful!! It’s true about the sea being a whole other world. Those fish have nothing to do with us. I could practically almost touch the colors on the fish. What an experience! I think it would be a good idea for everyone to snorkel at least once in their life! Unfortunately, I got bit by a sea urchin, or stung in three places on my right foot. After that we had homemade bologna and cheese sandwiches by the owner and soup in a cup also by him. I had rum, scotch and beer today. Later we went back to the ocean, went for a swim, lost my gold earring for which I am terribly disappointed and then a 12 inch diameter jelly fish stung me all over my body. It was so gross! And it hurt! We finally got home. Even though I had such a wonderful day, I couldn’t wait to get cooled off in the shower and to wash my hair. When I got home, I received a letter from Maria as I predicted and one from my mother. I told them both already, since I wrote them back earlier, more in detail about my day, so as you can see, I’m all written out. (That’s a joke). Mother says she is angry about my returning later and Maria may not be returning to Vail-Deane. Not good news from either. But I still love letters I guess. Tomorrow we go to Ponce. I am really looking forward to it. The time is flying. Love, Patricia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home