Friday, September 22, 2006

August 24, 1982

7:00 P.M.

I’m sorry I forgot all about writing yesterday. Father and I went to see You El Jurado. I hated it, but it was nice of him to take me out. He made a very good dinner last night and then I watched Barefoot in the Park with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. This morning I awoke to discover I had sun poisoning again so I couldn’t go out in the sun today. I was in such a good mood also today. To think just two weeks tomorrow I will be leaving elates me! I really should stop this though before I get overly anxious with the thought of leaving and spoil something. I don’t mind it here now at all. Yesterday at the beach I felt really good about being in Puerto Rico, and how lucky I actually am to be able to spend glorious time in the marvelous water. I hate the sand but the water far succeeds compensation. Anyway, I’m happy. If I keep remembering why I left than I really should be glad that I’m still away from all my problems at home and still have another two weeks to forget about them, take a vacation from them, and just to enjoy relaxing! I don’t know when I will be able to return to the outdoors though, because of my sun poisoning – probably not until next Monday. A nice young maintenance man from the building here gave me a whole bunch of books. There’s one on mantra that I want to get into. I’ve decided that the people from this island are really very nice people. There are old men picketing outside the Hotel El San Juan and as I walk by, they say I am very pretty, that I look like a queen, and they ask me how I am. It makes me uncomfortable though but it’s nice. (I hope it’s true). I have a confession to make: I’ve been eating like an absolute pig and I better stop! I am so ashamed! Anyway, another is that I don’t miss my mother anymore. Oh yes I still love her very much. In fact, when Arturo and I had our little discussion on Saturday, all I wanted to do was go home immediately. I was ever so confused! I wanted to cry. He was saying things that I had never heard or understood before, things my mother said but now I don’t know who to believe. Arturo wants to “have it all out” between the three of us but I don’t have anything to do with their business. And I want to be spared most entirely, all the emotion. I can’t wait to ask my mother everything. I don’t want to hear it from Arturo because how can I believe him? Our relationship, I think, has improved though. I’m smiling now and being a bit more nice to him. He is out at his class now. He teaches cartooning at the university. I think I’m proud of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home