Friday, August 25, 2006

Sometime in November, 1981

The last 3 years of my life have been shit.

  1. Death in family/lose friends in 8th grade
  2. Father comes to visit after many years
  3. Finding out truth about illegitimacy
  4. Mother's boyfriend comes to live with us
  5. Lots of fighting in house
  6. First display of adolescent rebellion on my part
  7. Grades go down due to new problems
  8. Fighting constantly with best friend
  9. Best friend having problems at home
  10. Cheat at school for very first time
  11. Begin to realize I need a psychiatrist
  12. Best friend's brother becomes very ill
  13. I get mono
  14. I turn away from a good teacher friend
  15. Best friend's grandmother dies
  16. Mother shocks me with marital plans
  17. Best friend's brother goes to hospital
  18. Fighting at home
  19. Mother's boyfriend moves out
  20. I start with psychiatrist
  21. I miss mid-terms - can't handle a thing - am miserable and a mess
  22. planning on not returning to Vail-Deane
  23. begin school again, am in a lot of trouble - on probation
  24. mother's fiance moves in
  25. we go skiing with mother's fiance - i hated that
  26. i move in with Ellen and family
  27. no one cares about me
  28. not communicating with school, teachers, friends
  29. not communicating with mother
  30. mother goes to psychiatrist
  31. i become physically ill again
  32. my friends meet Kevin
  33. still no one knows about my mother's marital plans
  34. friends hate me
  35. getting in deeper trouble at school
  36. bringing myself back up
  37. told friends mother getting married
  38. getting depressed again
  39. talking to Mrs. Chasan - feeling happy but not completely satisfied with talk
  40. next day almost committed suicide
  41. become friends with Ray - tell him everything
  42. finally admit to mother that her boyfriend sexually abused me
  43. I must tell psychiatrist
  44. become depressed for exactly one week
  45. bridal shower
  46. get A on term paper - happy
  47. school ends
  48. Mrs. Chasan, Miss Geier, Mrs. DeWitt all care about me and want to keep in touch over summer
  49. makes me feel very much worth something
  50. summer begins - I get sick again
  51. start protein diet
  52. become depressed for one month
  53. lose lots of weight - gain it all back
  54. fighting again
  55. summer is awful
  56. stop writing - had been writing for several moonths
  57. never keep in touch with teachers
  58. try pot for first time - don't like it and sorry I did
  59. re-befriend an old friend
  60. I totally skipped over my mother's wedding. How did I do that? My mother got married. I don't feel any pain after marriage or during. I was numb.
  61. getting much flack at work - can't handle - realize it is good self-discipline to put up with it
  62. don't see much of friends anymore
  63. Ray and I no longer friends
  64. summer ends - see some classmates a few days before school - things are the same - I don't like it
  65. school begins - it's wonderful - everybody cared about me. I was so happy. Mrs. Chasan seemed like everything was over with and would let me be a friend again. Miss Geier and Mrs. DeWitt and Miss Goldman cared also.
  66. Off ot a good start
  67. Mrs. Chasan gets mean to me again and Miss Goldman too.
  68. Having troulbe undertadning that
  69. Maria tells me she is very fond of me, we become friends again, at least I want to be a friend again and am ready for it
  70. Can realize everything that has been happening in the last couple of years and can analyze it
  71. Am ready to continue with a new life
  72. Can't wait to get our of house - it is hard living home - no one to share things with. It's two against one.
  73. I fucked up everything for myself. Not knowing how to fix it. Not sure if it was my fault. Did a lot a lot of crying and writing. Those two menial things got me through it all.
  74. Can't wait until mother gets pregnant
  75. Call up old relatives
*****

I'll be seventeen in January 1982. I can't believe a year has gone by so fast. About a month before my sixteenth birthday, I began to undergo a personality change, and little did I or anybody around me ever know that it was going to last as long as it did. And now, looking back, it has only been a few moonths that I've recovered from this personality alteration, and it seems so short compared to what I know I'll come up against in my future. This change that took place inside my mind, I think was a culmination of the previous two year worth of previous frustrations and the frustrations that I encountered. It is unfortunate that I could not deal with my problems, and that I became so messed up, but I wonder now if the months after my 16th birthday were just an extreme display of adolescent emotionalism. I don't know yet, but I will try to analyze the situation one day to discover...

Since eighth grade, my life was pretty rocky, but it wasn't so bad. I just wasn't so used to having so much on my mind.

*****

I've got to be a sweet and quiet person (I keep telling me that). If nobody likes me, I don't know what I'm going to do in this school?!

Mrs. Chasan
Miss Goldman
Mr. Ambrose
Miss Prudo
Miss MacWhinney
Mr. Scozzafava
Mrs. DeWitt
Miss Geier

Got to get these people on my side.

Everybody was so nice to me in the beginning of the year. What happened? I want everybody to like me! I'm paranoid. But nobody knows me, or the kind of person I am. Who cares? Morgan likes me, what does that mean? He just thinks I'm a neat person. He's alright.

I'm not sick anymore but I don't understand why everybody's changed attitudes. Is it me, again?? It kind of feels like what happened before with Mrs. Chasan is going to happen again - but it won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home