Friday, August 25, 2006

Ellen

Ellen is my friend
We go to school together
and have been for seven
years
It seems like a long time now
as I write it down
Who would ever think
that I would have such a
good friend, as Ellen

Ellen is different than
she used to be
Now she walks around
school very quietly
I wonder if people
think she is conceited or
unhappy
but I think I may under-
stand why she walks
around school like that

Ellen is smart in every way
She has learned early in life
not to allow people to deceive
her, or walk all over her
She walks with confidence
no matter what her mood
and she will never brood
even though she looks like it
or feels like it

Ellen (I hear) was a child of immense
pleasure
I wish I had know her then
She was a small child, smaller than
the others, and so very adorable
with a matching personality to win
She was loved by all who were
lucky enough to experience her pre-
sence for this child (I imagine) was
gifted with lessons

Ellen has taught me much, and for
that I am grateful
But only to know that those
who are hateful
Will never, have
the love that I have
for the friend God has given me
to be with me in need

Ellen, I hope that one day
you get married and
are never harried
if you have children, I
know they will be beautiful
as you will show them how to be

Ellen, I know you will lead
and I hope that you are able
to give to the world as much as
I want children
They are as important in my
life as what you can do for
others
And if you need help, I will
You may say "What can I do?"
And I will say, "Ellen, you
can do whatever you want"
But will that help you
I don't really know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home