Saturday, August 26, 2006

April 10, 1982

I must write in here one day soon. I keep looking at this beautiful thing which Ellen gave me and which I love and cherish very much and I haven't put a pencil to it since December 18th, 1981, the day I received it. If I die, this book shall got to Ellen, the person to whom thie book is also dedicated to. I think I shall write many books so that I can dedicate them to all the people I love. That's a nice thought though but I hope I really di write books!

This day is nothing special but it's about time I wrote something in here. The book was near me, so it caught my attention. I picked it up and looked at it. Then opened i9t to the incription which I often read. It's just today that I decided it was sort of strange to be so fortunate as to have a book as beautiful as this, biven by a dear friend, so that I could write in it, and the only words in here were Ellen's. Not anymore. I was saving this book for something special, like my autobiography, but I must be realistic. It will be many, many years into my future before I'll have time to write my story. And what a short biography I would have so far, even though I could make it long! I'm so wordy.

I suppose I shall just write in here - anything. I couldn't do any of my experiments in here because I'm too sloppy, like other artists of course. I shall use this as my notebook, only it shall be treated with the utmost respect and care. It will continue to sit in my window amongst and between my tiny collection of English books. Or it shal sit once again on my yellow shelves with my relics, little liquor bottle collection, and Columbia encyclopedias. It looks so lovely in either spot, but I love the way it looks on my lap as I write in it.

When I first got this thing, I took it places with me, but I was afraid to write in it. Maybe my writing didn't seem to be important enough to put into something like this. But alas, I know it is. Ellen gave me this book just to do so, and my writing looks great in here! Maybe - just maybe - this book is something magical that can turn my simple thoughts into the most imaginative, intelligent and spectacular words. I shall concentrate on the idea and it shall happen. Thank you Ellen, you and your precious gift are my inspiration and teacher. I will become a writer! A good writer. I will mystically, through the immortal light reflected from this books, always remember whenever my pencil touches the page, to write neatly, spell correctly, and always execute discipline, and exhibit originality in commiting parts of myself to this paper. May this be true! Yes!

Well, I'm glad I finally wrote in here. I promiseit will get better, more personal also. I think I really know how I'll use this book.I'll leave it in it's own special spot at all times. Then every night, before I go to bed, I'll take it from it's place for just a brief while. I'll gently open it like I would wake a sleeping child, and I'll write something in it. Even if it should be very short, I would like very much to do that - it's a good habit. It will be neat. It will be my friend. But if there are yet untouched pages when I have my first child, the book shall then go to my child. But Ellen may see the book before I die, so that if that hppen, Ellen will not be left with never having anything to do with this book. No _ I'll give it to Ellen, who will keep it until my first child is a sophomire in high school, the year I started wirting.

I was going to buy myself one of these books but I'm glad I received one as a present. That makes it all the more meaningful. Who know when my last word will hit the last page of this book. Maybe soon or maybe when I'm in college. But I'm going to try to keep a diary of every day of my last high school days, which are ending in 15 months. I would really like to do that. Maybe I'll even write a speech in here for graduateion from Vail-Deane. That is the school I go to and I love it dearly. I honestly do love my Vail-Deane. Ellen is in my class, but she's going off to college next year. I met Ellen at Vail-Deane. We became best friends. I've know her since 1975, fifth grade. We've been friends since January 1977. If we live until past the year 2077, we'll have been friend sof 100 years!

There seems to be something very unique in writing one's thoughts, or life, or whatever one wants on paper. I know that I surely enjoy it. Sometimes I don't feel like writing, but at other times I'm compelled to do so, and I'm glad I have those felling within me. Artiost of any sort, and wirters especailly, interest me to the maximum. I am a creative type of person, and all art forms interest me. I play the piano(not so well though), I like to draw (only I don't so well), I like to dance (but that's lacking in abi9lity too) and I write (maybe my best art, but still needs help). What interests me mostly, is what comes directly from my own individual little mind. I am compelled when I see a piece of clay, to pick it up and create something from it, with my hands and mind's instincts. I must say that nothing worthy of anyone's attetnion comes from my play (and that's all it is), but just the fact that I was compelled to create means something to me. I will even do some calligraphy on the first page for the deciation. I will call it "my lovely book." I don't even know how to do calligraphy the correct way but I have the right pen and ink, so it comes out at least looking like the real thing. As a matter of fact, come to think of it, that reminds me of the way I play Fur Elise. It's a very beautiful piece by Beethoven, which I always want to play. I memorized the entire piece, but only play it half correctly. Maybe my art-work is halfass. In either case, I'll call it Patrician. I should try to do well. My calligraphy is done nearly and I do try to plkay correctly. I just don't always follow the rules. That's the problem.

I love writing in here! It really looks wild! I can't wait until the entire book is filled up with my handwriting! And it will all be meaningyul! That will take a long time! Should I get statrted with the personal stuff? You'll soon be learning a log about me.. Like the fact that I want to go t0 Sarah Lawrence College. Oh, there are a lot of little, as well as big things to learn about a person. I'm chock full of things. Just look at my tiny words - all these workd! - h8undreds of words all smashed together here. It's nothing at all like a published book. In order to keep you (this book) ver special. I shall never bring you anywhere with me, except when I go on a long trip. You are for wrirting in only at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home